St. Edward School’s non-discriminatory policy is defined as one which admits students of any race, religion, or gender to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school, and further meaning, specifically but not exclusively, a policy of making no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, or gender in administration of education policies, application for admission, financial aid programs and extracurricular activities.
Order of consideration for admissions priority
1: IN-HOUSE STUDENTS AND *SIBLINGS who are enrolling in PK (3 & 4)
2. ST. EDWARD CHURCH PARISHIONERS who are enrolling in grades PK (3 & 4) through Third grade where openings are available.
3. KINDERGARTEN *SIBLINGS who are applying for kindergarten and have not previously attended any school.
4. CHS FACULTY AND STAFF who have children eligible for PK (3 & 4)
5. INTENT TO REGISTER: New Students who have filled out an application during specific category.
6. OPEN REGISTRATION: first come; first served for any available openings in all grades.
After open registration, a waiting list* from that year’s registration is maintained through one school year.
*Siblings: Children who have an older sibling that either:
(1) is currently enrolled at St. Edward at the time of registration (2) previously completed Third grade at St.EdwardSchool
Those who do not meet the registration deadline for the specific category forfeit their space and will be considered with the first come, first served applicants. The only persons considered for immediate entrance and priority over the waiting list are Catholic School transfers who are moving into New Iberia, because parents have changed employment or are moving from another town.